This time of the year can be problematic for people staying on course with their health or weight loss goals. Being informed and having a plan is the best way to approach the holiday season!
Playing the ignorant card or saying “I’ll start being healthy with the new diet after Christmas or in the New Year,” gives way to mindless uncontrolled behaviours taking you further away from your goals…
We’re all about balance and encouraging a lifestyle that lets you have your special treats and things that make you happy. Treat (cheat) meals make us happy too! If you follow us on Instagram @coach.adamcub and @onefitwonderwoman, you’ll see what we mean!
Chocolates and peanut butter make us extremely happy… But there are diminishing returns in terms of how pleasurable it feels when we are frequently and excessively eating them!
If you really focus and become present when eating those treats, on how they make you feel mentally and physically, then you will eat much less. The right dose means your brain will light up and it will be a pleasurable experience for you. Too much and you’ll be uncomfortable, flatulent and lethargic!
Unconscious eating is the enemy here! If you’re having a treat, then enjoy it guilt-free! Mindlessly eating the entire family-sized popcorn to the salty end will leave your mouth red raw, dry and looking for a gallon of liquid to offset the feeling of dehydration. Don’t eat to finish something, eat for nutrition or pleasure
Here are 5 tips to keep off the extra weight for the holiday season:
- Have a PLAN!!! Set yourself boundaries before you’re wrist deep in the Nutella jar 🍫 Pick your treats wisely and have limits with quantities and frequency.
- Pack your gym clothes and stay active 🧘🏽♀️🤸🏻♂️🚴🏻♀️ Turning into to a slob will affect your mindset and mood. “Motion creates emotion.” You don’t always need a gym! Our members that travel a lot are given hotel room workouts that can be just as hard as training with equipment AND just as beneficial! No equipment, no worries!
- Drink 500ml of water before each meal. Research has shown that drinking water before each meal can drastically reduce the number of self-regulated calories consumed.
- When booking accommodation, take the option without the buffet breakfast included if you know that controlling yourself will be a challenge. Sure, there are healthy options at those buffet breakfasts, but the waffle station with peanut butter, chocolate sauce and whipped cream is right next to those healthy options… 🤤🤤🤤
- Take six deep centred breaths before each meal. Research has shown that just six breaths can have a calming effect on your nervous system and mind. Being self-aware will increase your ability to make smarter food choices.
If you would like to know more information like this, we have a couple more spots in our Original 6in4 Challenge, where we give you the secrets on how to drop your unwanted body weight and keep the kilos off, for good!
Click on the above links to find out more and secure theLAST FEW SPOTS LEFT to join our 2019 New Year 6in4 Challenge that starts on 5th January!
See similar article here for further tips https://www.hulk-strength.com/holiday-without-getting-fat/